Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Local Response to the Election

As a Jew and an American I have never been more hopeful and more proud. I am hopeful that the grassroots movement for change engaged by President elect Obama's campaign will continue to grow and support the ideas and policies that will bring healing to our nation at home and abroad. I am proud that so many cared enough to engage in debate over serious issues and show up to vote. I believe with all my heart that this new administration will have new energy to invest in a peaceful solution for Israel and her neighbors, access to quality health care, energy alternatives and relief for those living in poverty. I was proud to belong to Rabbis for Obama during the campaign and I will continue to be a rabbi for Obama as long as he is my president.

Rabbi Susan Talve
Central Reform Congregation

No comments:

Post a Comment